Thursday, May 12, 2011

Beautiful People

I had a nice long visit from a friend yesterday and it got my brain thinking and processing about how others perceive their body image, and how they see themselves stacking up to other people. I'd like to say I'm fascinated by the limitations we like to place on ourselves ("Can't", or "Shouldn't" because have boobs too big, hips to wide, a waist too thick) but it's really just too sad. I'm so happy to be personally away from the self-hating Rage!Depression!Sadness! that came with feeling too fat to be fabulous, but all of that negativity is placed with a deep-seated and empathic sense of pity for the women out there with less far to go toward their goals that are the only person in their lives that think they are ugly, or not good enough!

Body Dysmorphic Disorder
When did it become okay to look at our body and loathe it. Hell, after all the average North American woman puts her body through we should probably be groveling for forgiveness. Yesterday I said something that marked a huge turn around in my self-esteem and all the other feel goods. I now am happy enough to look at anything and know I can make it work. Give me a brown paper bag and I will absolutely rock it - I feel good inside, and my outside is taking time and effort to catch up but it IS getting there.

With all of the emotional, mental, social, economical problems in our daily lives I can't imagine adding "ugly stress" (which is completely 100% self-created) helps anyone. Maybe we got teased in school, or our mothers set bad examples about dieting, or our fathers called us fat, or we never learned proper nutrition - whatever the cause of someone's weight gain, there comes a point where adult accountability comes in and it becomes your job to love yourself and teach your daughters (and sons) to love themselves too.


Speaking of one life to live, I'll be running in the 5k Zombie Race in October. I wonder how long my humanity will last before I become devoured by Zombies, eek! I'm going to train hard, think fast, watch zombie movies and hope for the best. I'm also doing the Relay for Life this weekend and photos are certainly to come. So far I've raised OVER $500.00 for the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life. With only two days left until the event I think I did simply awesome considering my original goal of $200.00. Thanks to all my friends and family for their amazing generosity - I could not have done it without you.

So with all of that said, my challenge to the women in my life is this: Figure out what item you've always wanted to wear, and have never felt confidence enough to, and rock it! Listen to more feel-good music too, I really love Benny Benassi's (ft. Chris Brown) "Beautiful People". What an empowering song. I wish more people realized their own worth and accepted all that they have to offer. STOP HIDING, PEOPLE~! Get out there, make friends, be happy, rock your body (even if it has wiggly bits and jiggly blops) and have a good time. There's only one life to live, right?

"Everywhere everywhere
Everywhere I go
Everywhere that I've been
The only thing I see is
Is beautiful people
Live your life, live your life
Let the love inside
It's your life it's your life
Your beauty is deep inside, inside you
Don't let em' bring you down, no
Your beauty is inside you
Dont let em' bring you down, no
Take your time take your time
Take your sexy time
Dont lose your head lose your head
Your beauty's deep inside, inside you
Don't let 'em bring you down no
Your beauty is inside you
Don't let 'em bring you down, no
 
Live your life, live your life
Let the love inside
It's your life it's your life
Got to make it right
Beautiful people
"
-Benny Benassi ft. Chris Brown

Eggs out
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment