Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Eating The Elephant


I recently did another photoshoot. A little bit risque, but I really had fun. I was a lot less self conscious than I usually am during such events. Perhaps it was that I was more comfortable with the photographer - or perhaps I was more comfortable in myself...either way I had fun, and I really enjoyed myself. The finished products are lovely for me to see as I feel like I am the Queen of Sheba in them, a lioness. Proud, patient, calm and somehow the deadliest thing you'll ever see. I have goals, and I will make them mine

Medifast has been an adjustment. It is extremely controlled which I don't mind, however I am having a gripe with the fact the food is so processed and pre-prepared. This goes against what I have been doing for overall health for the past two years: Whole, healthy, organic, low gluten, no added salt and the kin. I'm going to finish my Medifast program, it is what I paid for, but I have found I have taken considerable issue with the lack of fresh fruit, beans, veggies and etc.

I think Medifast is awesome for people who need help controlling the fact they eat 8 Big Mac's a day. I don't know that this was the wisest move for someone who already knew what, when and how to eat the right foods for her body. My body weight has crept up, perhaps from the salt? My body fat percentage has plummeted though - exactly 1% in 5 days is pretty much unheard of from me. I might pull that number in a month or more, but never a week. Clearly something is working, but I want to stay true to my origins and get back to actual food as soon as my 13 weeks are up. No use quitting only 3 days in, right?

So last night I took the first step toward accomplishing two more Active 2012 goals. I bought a Groupon to go to a shooting range up in Maryland and try my hand with weapons. After a rather grizzly first-hand exposure to a suicide via shotgun I am nervous about being so near to the instrument of so much grief. I have many gun-loving friends, so to prevent the whole "guns are evil vs. people are evil" debate from rising I'll be truthful and say I'd feel the same way about hunting knives, plastic bags if she had used that. I think I have a lot of unresolved issues and I'm hoping that meeting this enemy in a safe environment with training and spousal support that I'll be able to overcome it and let this chapter of my life finally close. I feel I've given that trauma time to sort itself out, and allowed myself to follow a natural progression of healing. I'm ready to be free of it, some four years later.


The other move forward I made was to sign up for a month's free trial of Muay Thai - Thai boxing. There is so much to learn so many moves. It gets a little confusing at times, but I think I finally got the basics down. I had fun, the thrill of the class stuck with me for almost two hours I got home. I showed Robert all of things I learned and would have happily kept going for another hour if I had the chance. I watched about 45 minutes of a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu class, all that grappling and throwing looked like so much fun. I recommended it to Robert as it seems like something right up his alley.

I hope he's putting as much of himself into Active 2012 as I am, but truth be told it's really my own personal goals and personal adventures. I'm just thankful he's letting me indulge these experiences and coming along with me for a good portion of them. Here's to good husbands!

Eggs out.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment