Friday, May 6, 2011

May's weigh-in - Pleasantly surprised!

I always, without fail, go into a weigh-in with a sense of dread and fear. Something nagging on me, that I didn't do enough, should have done more, and that when the number on the scale pops up I'll be disappointed with myself and what I've done. I don't often think of it during the month, but at the weigh in I think back and wonder, "Should I really have had that piece of pie? Did I really need to eat that candy? What did I do instead of going for a run or doing something for my health?" Thankfully this month I had enough conquests over my weight that I don't regret anything I did one little bit! It seems I've busted booty and I couldn't be more thrilled!

So, all in all that translates as 8.8lbs lost, and 8.5 total inches lost. That's really just fabulous for my self confidence! I've been getting out and doing more, and feeling much better (generally speaking) about myself and my body. I still catch myself doing the "Oh I wish I didn't have this/that/the other" whenever I glance in a mirror or see a picture of myself that I don't love but ultimately? I am happy with my progress.

My clothes are a 16 on top and an 18 on bottom and I'm finally starting to feel like I'm getting my curves back. The nice curves though, not the lumpy bumpy ones - you know, the kind I can celebrate! The things that I'm most pleased with are 1) The fact my abdominal measurements are smaller than my hip measurements for the first time since I started losing weight. This is the first measurement where I'm proportioned properly and, 2) My BMI is in the 30's now, at 39.5. Considering I started my weightloss journey with a 60.5 BMI I think that's a pretty huge accomplishment. Finally; 3) Due to losing weight my posture has improved dramatically. I got my height measured at 5'3", versus my 'normal' 5'2" - this is a rather interesting turn of events. I'm pleased with the improved posture, less stress on my joints, and a spine that is less compressed. When you're 5'2" tall every little bit of height helps ;)

The rest of this update is going to consist of a rather large photo dump, since I've been going out a lot and have had photos taken of me (And have taken them of myself) to celebrate this weigh in and how good I'm feeling about myself.I hope you enjoy them, as I will certainly enjoy looking back on them in a few month's time!

Eggs out xx


No comments:

Post a Comment