Thursday, December 8, 2011

December's Weigh-In - Slow and Steady

Today marks the day of my official weigh-in, and the day of Robert's first official weigh-in! I was super excited to do this month's weigh-in because Robert has been doing his own thing to lose weight. He's joined me at Gold's Gym and we work out together a few times a week. I'm pretty serious about training these days, even though I'm still nursing that injured ligament. I hit the stairs at the gym last night, and then did quite a few different machines. Even though this weigh-in isn't as drastic as I've become accustomed to, I think I just need to get it in my head that it's going to take really concerted efforts to pull big numbers from here on in.

It's hard to believe I only have 43 pounds to go!

So as far as the 'meat and potatoes' of the weigh-in goes, I have to say I'm not unhappy with it. I know I've worked hard, and I know I've kept my diet clean. A few weeks ago I was having some serious struggles with my diet and the psychological issues surrounding food, but I think I've started to get some things sorted out. I never want to get to a point where food controls me. I never want to get to a point where I have to control food. It's going to take time and effort to get everything where I want it, but I can manage.


Inches lost were respectable enough, I suppose. 2.75" overall, nothing at all like my 7.5"+'s that I've been getting. I know the more I work out the larger my muscles might become. For example, my calf is up a quarter inch. I'm not too worried about it though, since I know that I'm moving in a positive direction. I'm really close to breaking that plateau where building muscle will (hopefully) smash through and out-perform the weight loss I had doing cardio and diet only. And, even though I'm not losing oodles of weight I am fitting my clothes much better. Things are loose, even though my weight isn't changing drastically, and that is exciting!

My goal for January's weigh in is 171.Xlbs. That should put me at 165 for the cruise. That's 7 pounds this month and 6 pounds the next. Losing weight is getting so much harder, I'm a little nervous about this goal. I normally set goals, and just believe that I'll make it. This time I'm setting the goal and just hoping.

At 300 pounds I could drop 10 pounds and that'd be 3.3% of my body weight. Now that I'm down to 178.0 pounds, losing 6 pounds is all it takes to hit that same percentage. That's four pounds less. I know it's all simple math, however it's that much harder to hit 6 pounds at 178, than it was to hit 6 pounds at 300. Phew!

Robert's numbers are extremely awesome! His neck between last month and this (well, technically 3 weeks) hasn't changed, he's lost an inch off of his chest, 3.5 inches off of his waist, 2.5 inches off of his abs,  his right thigh has stayed the same, he's lost a half inch off his right arm, his right calf has stayed the same, his hips are down 0.75 inches and he's down 2.6lbs (but he's packed on the muscle!) His BMI is down by 0.5, and his body fat is down by 0.7%.  All awesomely exciting things!

Well I'm going to just keep chugging along. 171.X by January 8, 2012. Happy New Year to me (I hope!)

Eggs out
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment