Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A Little Bit Afraid, But A Lot Alright

So this morning heralds in a new stage of my weightless journey: Plastic surgeon's consult. One of the side effects of losing weight, regardless of how much exercise I've done, is that there is going to be extra skin hanging around.  I want to see if it's possible to figure out exactly how many pounds of skin I have hanging around and if I could improve the relationship I have with my body just by making a few changes to it. It's hard to look at yourself in the mirror, see something melted, and feel beautiful. I think a lot of the psychological process of this journey has been dealing with the change in body image. Well, I suppose we'll see!

I've been conquering things off of my Active 2012 list. Most notably the training in, and firing of, a hand gun. In this particular experience my husband and I went to a range, received a safety lesson and crash course in gun operation and then fired off a box of ammo. I did pretty well and didn't have half the reaction as I thought I might. Truth be told the glock has a much different sounding discharge than a shotgun, so I think at some point I'd like to learn how to operate a shotgun, but for now? I'm hooked. I had a ton of fun and Robert and I have been talking about buying a gun for range trips in the future.

Another activity crossed off the list was a trip kayaking or canoeing. Robert and I had a date day (thanks to my inlaws) and after a morning of shooting we hopped back into the Woodbridge area to hit up Lake Ridge Marina for two hours of scenic paddling. We both ended up getting a touch of heatstroke (it got up to 96* Fahrenheit) but I think we both enjoyed ourselves! Robert said it was one of the most fun things he's ever done and I'm so pleased I was the one to be able to give him that experience. So, two things off the list! I forget how many I have left to go, but I'm sure I'll get to them as time allows.

I've been yoyo-ing a lot with my diet lately. Some days I get these horrific carb cravings and just find myself eating everything sweet in sight. I'm not sure if that is a psychological thing, a physical thing, or what? I've been indulging my sweet tooth before I detox it enough out of my system that I stop the cravings. It's a never ending cycle.

At Medifast 3 weeks ago I hit 149.7 on the scale. The following Friday I was 160 on the scale. I dropped down to 154 the following weigh-in, and this one coming I think I'm going to have ended up gaining or maintaining. I've taken myself away from the mentality of losing constantly. I think I'm burnt out, finished even. I was on track 100% yesterday (I ate extra protein to stave off a hungry tummy) but for the most part it might be time to focus on maintenance and physical activity and hope the rest of the weight comes off in time.

Ultimately I just want to be happy with my body. Learning to love yourself is hard...but I'm confident it will be worth it in the end.

Eggs out
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment