Monday, January 17, 2011

Losing weight and maintaining health

I try to remember to take my multi-vitamins, I try to drink my daily recommended amount of liquid/water, I try to eat all the things I know I should be eating but sometimes it's hard to remember the vitamins and the water. It's hard to think back on everything I ate, and remember if I got enough of my colourful veggies. Being on a special diet should actually be giving me more iron/protein/nutrition than just eating whatever I felt like eating before. In practice though, how can you really tell? I can't go based on how I feel because:

I've been trying to keep a house, keep up with my kids, make plans for an amazing renewal of the vows wedding ceremony, and more...all while also trying to lose weight. As many people know STRESS is definitely 'up there' on the culprit list of primary weight gain causes. I need to focus more intently on my health though, and stop forgetting the very important parts of what is going to keep my body up and running! How can you gauge how healthy you are, when you are stressed? Seems impossible to me.


Time to make a calendar, and give myself a shiny gold star for every day I drink my water and take my multi-vitamin. Short term goals, and hopefully long-term successes! Let's see if I can put away the correct amount of fluid and take a multi-vitamin at least once a day, every day, for the next seven days.

Go!

Eggs out.

2 comments:

  1. Guess who was sitting at home, forgetting to take her multi-vitamin on her day off (again) until you saved her?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete