Monday, February 21, 2011

Mall Scores: Product Reviews

Fear the Shoes! Fila "Sculpt-And-Tone" in Silver/Purple.
So, yesterday we we went out to a local shop at Potomac Mills Mall and I found two great new scores! A pair of new sneakers, akin to the Sketchers "Shape-Ups", with the rocker sole. I call it a rocker sole for lack of knowing what else to call it, but I think that sums it up nicely.

I ended up paying $29.99+taxes for this pair of shoes, which I think is an awesome price considering the Shape-Up's run $59.99 or higher, depending on what options you choose and from which retailer you purchase them. The theory behind this shoe is that when you walk your heel sinks into the heel of the sole, it's softer there, and I think what Fila/Sketchers/Etc ultimately wants the consumer to feel is an experience like walking in sand. I have to say that based on my personal experience there is no sand-walking similarity (and boy is walking long distances in sand HARD, or what?!) and that I have noticed no extreme advance in my workout or toning whilst walking in these shoes. In their defense, however, I will note that I find them very stylish (Eeee! Purple,black and silver!), very comfortable (like walking on clouds. Perfectly cushioning to the foot), and very good at helping you keep the pace up and not fall behind (the rocker bottom helps to propel you forward, but not in an awkward way that makes you feel like you're falling.)

New dress, with new Cacique bra.
The second item I procured was a new dress in a very happy, very springy, very not-black colour! Long live teal on fair-skinned individuals, right? The idea behind the dress was to have something nice to wear on the cruise which is only one week away! I also procured a new bra (since I had shrunk out of all of my other ones, and only had ones that were too small left!). The new bra is wonderful, and I got it from Cacique at Lane Bryant. I highly recommend this line, because at least in my experience, they last a long time, don't warp or change shape and most importantly? They hold everything up where it belongs..which is nice ;)

Tonight I am headed to a friend's house to see if she can help me take in my wedding dress. It's at least one size, if not two, too big, and I doubt that rigging it with safety pins will last the entire day on Saturday when my husband and I go to renew our vows together. Plus I'm taking it on the cruise with me..I can't imagine a more dreamy location for wedding dress pictures than a beach in the Bahamas!

Eggs out.

No comments:

Post a Comment