Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Plateau is here, there, and everywhere!

Peek-a-Boo!
I've been stuck on/about 250lbs for what seems like ages. At least a month. I've been as low as 244, and been as high as 252. I live in a pretty 'middling' area of 247-249 pounds and I must say it is driving me insane. I know it's my own fault, I might be doing the diet part of things but I'm not getting out and getting the cardio and strength building that my body needs to successfully lose weight.

The gym has been hard to attend, and since I'm not one to make excuses I'll honestly fess up and simply say I just haven't wanted to go. I pay for it, wasting hundreds of dollars so far, but I haven't been able to find the get up and go to actually haul my booty there and work out. I've been walking a lot recently, 7.9 miles in the past week! That excites me and makes me happy. And as a break from the normal collection of me-photos I've included some photos of my nieces and son playing at the park we stopped at halfway through our walk.

My amazing sister-in-law, also working on weight-loss!
According to a website I found Calculate Calories Burned While Walking I was able to determine that I've burned approximately 1047 calories over the course of those 7.9 miles. Other than actually getting into the gym I've got no idea what else I need to do to lose weight at home. Any advice? This girl is STUCK.

Adorable Mr. Man
On Thursday I'm headed to a Bra Fitting Salon to pick up a bra that will hopefully work for the upcoming Renewal of Vows, as well as on a day-to-day basis. I'm excited to finally get a bra that will actually fit, mine are all either 100% too big or 100% too small - It's impossible to keep buying bras when my weight (for the most part) keeps dropping and nothing fits longer than a few weeks. Hopefully the bra salon works out for both my body AND my pocketbook!

Eggs out!

1 comment:

  1. Blaker is looking so cute!
    I don't know what you can do about the plateau... could you and the family work a swim into your weekends?

    ReplyDelete