Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Wedding Dress Woes

In looooove <3
My husband and I are doing a rather showy anniversary party to celebrate 5 years of marriage together. Since we didn't have a full wedding the first time around (Courthouse) we decided then that on our 5th anniversary when money was a bit more available that we'd go ahead and have the wedding we (re: I) always wanted. The planning is going well and everything is sliding into place, but the one thing I didn't realize could possibly occur until last Saturday when we went to get Bridal portraits done was that just because *I* shrink, doesn't mean my wedding dress shrinks along with me!

Profile
With the help of a friend's savvy know-how and mad skills with some safety pins I was able to be pinned into a dress which has been determined to be at least one size, if not two, too large. Considering I bought this only a few months ago I'm astounded that I've now shrunk out of it. It's a David's Bridal (bridal boutique) size 20, which means it fits like a US size 18. Which is great as a measure of my progress, but a horrid pain in the bum since I know need to get it sized.


The bust is lose, even after pinning.
However, in the interests of being thankful I will say the following: I have hit 244.0lbs on the scale. That is an amazing accomplishment. My dress proves I fit solidly into a US size 18, which is a great accomplishment. I got too small for the dress, rather than too large, which means I lost another heart-healthy 10+ pounds which is a great accomplishment. I have a wonderful friend who is going to help me alter the dress, which is an amazing financial blessing, and I have a wonderful husband who loves me, and will always love me, despite whatever silly weight-related self-worth issues I get floating about in my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment