Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Wacky, Wild and Wonderful!

Happy couple on our happy day!
These past weeks were somewhat of a whirlwind, and full of delectable treats to tantalize my taste buds. Cliche after cliche right there, huh? YOU BETCHA. The entire whirlwind started with preparations for our renewal of the vows ceremony to commemorate 5 years of wedded happiness. It has certainly had its ups and its downs, but ultimately I think the entire marriage thing to be a positive experience that has left me emotionally richer for having been in it.
Nassau, Bahamas

The whirlwind began, as whirlwinds always do, with preparing for the arrival of out-of-country family. My mother, to be exact, and her new boyfriend in tow. After, and before, that there was shopping and preparing to do for an entire Renewal of the Vows ceremony that we did all of the food and decoration creating for ourselves.  Busy, busy busy! After that (as in, the day immediately after that) we went on a one week vacation to the Bahamas and basked in the sunshine and warm waters. I went swimming in February. What a lark!

Mahi Mahi with olive oil, carrot, red potatoes and broccoli
The entire cruise centered around food. The eating, digesting, and eating of more food.We dined as often, and as free, in a gourmet dining room.  We dined as often as we wished morning, noon and night at the buffet, pizzeria and more. I gained a lot of weight (approximately 4 pounds - sticking me right back around 244 pounds) due to my overindulgence - Even though I only ate fruit and veg most of the time, it's amazing what a severe shock to your dietary system can do. I don't quite know what to say about it, because that is essentially one month's worth of hard work down the drain. We had fun though, and had an adventure. It was lovely, and I'm right back on track now. Back to the Eat to Live detox stage, getting rid of the salt and processed carbs I overate of during the cruise, and out walking and getting real exercise rather than the easy peasy strolls we were taking around the ship and the Bahamas.  Today I had a 1.6M walk, and yesterday a 2.4M walk. BACK. ON. TRACK :)

Eggs out.

No comments:

Post a Comment