Friday, March 11, 2011

Monthly Weigh-in!

So tonight I went to Curves and did my monthly weigh in. Considering the facts of life as they are right now (Hormones, stress, post-cruise, etc) I'm actually quite happy with my achievements this month! It's no ten pounds, but it's something and it is something in the positive direction. A bit concerned about the fact my body fat percentage has gone up. I need to do some serious reading and figure out exactly what a "Body fat percentage" and how that relates to my overall health. My husband and I were discussing this in the car today and trying to relate the body fat percentage to weight loss and both getting confused, so clearly the idea here is to do some independent research. Since I started at Curves in June 2010 I've lost 5.7% body fat percentage, and as far as weight loss is concerned I've lost 22.5% of myself! That's just looking back as far as Curves. Since I started losing weight since my highest recorded weight (331 pounds) I've lost 28.2% of myself! I don't even really know how to put into words my feelings in regards to that kind of accomplishment. Yeesh..overwhelming at times. I'm also creeping closer and closer to my 100 pounds lost party. I need to start planning it because sometime this month I have a feeling that I'll hit 100 pounds lost and then be stuck twiddling my thumbs in regards to how I'll celebrate.


In other news, however, I've also added another tracking system to my health regimen. I'm going to record and update my miles walked per day, and keep a ticker I'll update once weekly to reach my goal of having walked 500 miles! I wonder how long at my regular pace of 2(ish) miles per week day will take me to hit 500. I guess I'll have to walk every day. I never realized how truly amazing walking was for your health. Just simple, straight-up walking. I plug my mp3 player into my ears, pack the baby up into the stroller, and go out for a walk on a route I measured using Google Maps so it's a reliable measurement of the distance I've traveled. I've started walking Monday - Friday (weather permitting) so let's see where this goes! :)

I guess that's all the update I have for you now - Stay healthy.

Eggs out.

No comments:

Post a Comment