Saturday, March 19, 2011

Walking up a (small) storm!

Hubby&I in March '05. At approximately 265lbs.
I've been working as best as I can on increasing distance and endurance so that when the time is right I'll be able to get a really good jogging (and then running!) routine. I read somewhere online that the best way to train for running as a complete running n00b is to begin the process with walking, and aiming for distance rather than speed to help your muscles get all kinds of strong and long-lasting to help you power through the runs later on.
I've begun introducing a steady jog into my routine, where for no reason I'll break into a jog at least three times to help get my heart rate up and test out my running legs.
 
Elly&I in March '04. At approximately 245lbs.
My legs are getting stronger, I'm getting stronger and I can carry myself further. Walking is great fun! Below is my chart of record for the week, showing that I've walked 19.3M this week, versus having only walked 9.5M last week. Things are picking up...I really hope to bust out of this plateau, and soon! Got a 236.5 lbs on the scale this morning that means I'm down a little bit, even if it isn't as much as I'd usually like to see I guess I can accept it.

Week 2 M-F
Mar 14 - 3.7
Mar 15 - 2.5
Mar 16 - 4.5
Mar 17 - 2.4
Mar 18 - 2.4
Mar 19 - 3.8

Total Miles (Mon-Sat): 19.3
Approximate Calories Burned: 2509
Weight: 236.5lbs

Eggs out.

No comments:

Post a Comment