Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Putting Your Weight on Project Status

Exactly 40lbs & 5 months - What a difference!
 I was skimming a book today called "Dr. Phil McGraw - The ultimate Weight Solution", and the title of chapter one was so absolutely poignant. So many people seem to want to lose weight, but just as many seem unwilling to put their weight loss on project status. What that means to me is putting weight loss at the forefront and going at it with the same determination, vigor and dedication that one would go after a project at work that had the promise of a promotion at project end. Only in this case instead of getting a promotion one gets a fitter, healthier body!

I'm not sure what I think of the book as a whole, there are some good ideas in it but for the most part I feel pretty happy and confident with what I'm doing now in my diet habits and exercise routines, and the proof really is in the pudding and as one can see below the scale continues to show my weight going the way I want it too! 

The Pudding of Proof! It tastes so sweet..nomnomnom!
A few other changes I've noticed are muscle definition building where muscles never were before. I'm going to do the Curves circuit once every day (except Sundays, due to them being closed) and that is really boosting my muscle building. I've also introduced a high protein bar that I eat once per day to help boost my protein levels and give me that extra boost I need to keep building the lean muscle I'm working so hard for. It seems to be working, and really...I'm not going to argue about a chocolate peanut butter flavor protein bar that seems so decadently sinful that I question whether or not I should really be eating it. ^^; All in all I'm down 3.3lbs in 5 days and I hope to keep up this level of success. It makes me feel really good to know I'm out achieving my dreams because I finally put my health, my weight loss, and my HAPPINESS on project status! Front and center, and never to be brushed aside or put under a stack of papers.

Let's make a goal.... I'd like to see 199lbs, at least, on the scale by June 8, 2011. That's 29.5 pounds I need to lose in the next 56 days, which means I need to bust booty to lose 3.68lbs per week. I wonder if I can do it? I'm sure as heck going to try, either way! This also reminds me that on or about December 5th, 2010 my calf width was 21.5". I remember going back and forth with my friend Bethan about these boots on Domino Dollhouse when her blog Pretty-in-Plus was doing it's first ever give away for a $25 gift certificate to Domino Dollhouse and I fell in love with those boots whilst checking out what DD had to offer. Today I measured my calves at 17.5", and since this isn't something that is regularly recorded at my weigh-in at Curves I thought it was worth noting here for the sake of future recollections :)

Hope you're all staying active and being healthy today!
Eggs out

2 comments: