Friday, April 1, 2011

Coming Down the Mountain

It seems that I may have broken my plateau. I'm not sure how, I'm not sure the cause, but my weight range is now down to 235.5-238.0, whereas before it was 237-240.5. That's a few pounds, at least, and I hope to continue seeing progress as time goes on! This morning I weighed in at a respectable 236.0 pounds. Considering I was stuck in the -240+ area for almost 2 months, I'll take any sign of positive movement!

Silly photo of me from the cruise
I've been dealing with the emotional side of loosing weight. The helplessness of feeling you're doing whatever you can and nothing seems to be working. It is so easy for me to become defeatist when I feel that the efforts going in aren't giving me the results I want coming out. I've been sleeping a lot, not walking or exercising at all, feeling generally run down, completely fatigued all the time. I'm not sure if it's emotional (depression) or physical (illness going around) but whatever it is I'm fighting it. I'm positive I'll continue seeing great results as long as I manage to own my weightloss and stay hyped up and positive about where I see myself ending up! I worried with calorie counting for a few days before I realized how eating that much makes me sick. I figure I'll keep doing what I had always been doing. Keep eating when I was hungry, stopping when full, and eating again when I pleased within a vegan/gluten-free/low sodium way of eating.

I WILL own this, and the positivity is already giving me results. I'm not going to try over-feeding myself, or any of those crazy stupid "soup" diets, "apple" diets, or anything other than what feels right for me. I'm going to eat potatoes if I want potatoes, and I'm going to have an egg if I feel that is what I really want. Time to get everything back on track and listen to my body - No doctor, nurse, dietitian, friend or diet-book author  knows it better than me!

Adam shlepping out a 15M walk!
And a most special congratulations to Adam on nearing 30lbs lost! Keep being awesome Adam, and keep on inspiring others! He's recently been up to good works doing lots of long-distance walks, and I think I should set up a deadline to take a nice long walk, perhaps do a 15M round-trip walk for myself and see where it takes me, and how long it takes to do it. Need to start conditioning to make sure I don't pooper out.


P.S// Only 4.5 pounds to lose before I hit 100lbs lost!

Stay positive,
Eggs Out xx

No comments:

Post a Comment