Wednesday, November 9, 2011

November Official Weigh-In - Strange Numbers

I've been trying this 'new'-ish concept for the past two weeks: I've been keeping a record of my BMR, calculating calories and figuring out daily deficiencies. I must say - I hate it. It's no wonder so many calorie counting dieters eventually just give up and go back to old habits. Any way of eating that requires this much thought and effort is just mentally exhausting. Always needing a piece of paper nearby lest one forget to jot down the three skittles they snarfed from their two year old. It's a little extreme...in my opinion.

I'm going to finish it off for the month, but a week out from my birthday I'm going to get back on E2L detox and hit that hard in conjunction with the gym. I'm confused by this month's weigh-in...I thought since my weight wasn't dropping drastically that I'd have at least lost a ton of inches..but that didn't happen either. Not only did I barely lose any inches, I barely lost any weight - and that's with physical training three times a week and at least an hour of cardio per night, six times a week. Really, body? You hate exercise that much? I call conspiracy on this one. :)


Can't wait to see where I end up on November 22. 180.X is still my goal, which means I have 4 more pounds to lose. Totally do-able if I can lose 2 pounds per week. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed now though, so close to my deadline. Unfortunately this isn't something I'm willing to bend on, and so...it must be done, one way or the other.

I'm a trooper. I don't give up. I don't let myself down. I will succeed.

Eggs out.
xx

2 comments:

  1. I love the photo... I think that more than any numbers really speaks to me of what an accomplishment you have made and how inspiring you are to me! The grace and flexibility in that photo tell me more about your state of comfort with your body than anything else! And you've been a huge inspiration to Randy as well... because of you we have both decided to start the E2L mindset. We're doing our first detox shortly.

    Something to keep in mind now that you're working out all the time is that you're going to be increasing muscle mass. Since you've already lost many pounds and inches, you may need to let your body settle for a while. It may be a plateau or it may be where your body is happy. Just don't let it discourage you! You're an amazing woman inside and out, and even if you don't lose tons more inches, you are doing such wonderful things for your heart!

    You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. That picture says more than a million words ever could say. I used to be a dancer and stretching like that was so comforting and relaxing. That picture is beautiful. It is beautiful not necessarily because of your actual physical body portrayal in the photo, but because of how at peace you look mentally, emotionally and physically. *Go You*

    ReplyDelete