Sunday, November 6, 2011

We'll Go Dreamin'

Less flub, more muscle :D
I remember so many thoughts I had when I started my journey. At first, I honestly didn't think anything would come of it. I lost a bit of weight, 30 pounds - big whoop when you have 200 overall to get rid of. I remember thinking, resignedly, that I'd probably do it for a few months and then give up. This makes me realize in the power of dreams...they're only just dreams until we make them come true for ourelves. I stopped waiting on someone else to put in the hard work and effort for me. I stopped waiting for a miracle drug, diet or surgery. I stopped being okay with letting a drug, diet or surgery do that hard work for me. I accepted responsibility for my actions - it was one of the most grown-up things I've ever done.

Post Work-Out
It hasn't been easy - always requesting special food for family events, gatherings and at restaraunts. Taking time away from home and family to work out and strengthen myself. To realize I'm worth taking time for. It's all been worth it though, because I'm in a better place now than I have ever been since sixth grade. My birthday is only two weeks and two days away and looking back fifteen years has been hard for me. All the missed opportunities, all of the missed dreams, all of the depression and all of the sadness. I don't miss it at all.

Thinking I might take a break from the gym tonight. I've had two weeks of solid exercise training and activity every single day. Time for a bit of R&R and back on the saddle first thing tomorrow! Training with Nana has been great and I'm passing on all that I learn with Nana to my husband. We trained hard for an hour last night and I got a really good sweat up just showing hubby how to do all that I've been doing. I love it. Zombie 5k was the started of our activity together...I just hope it isn't the end :)

Eggs out
xx

1 comment:

  1. You are just beaming in all of your new photos! Congratulations to you for loving yourself enough to take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete