Sunday, January 8, 2012

"It's Impossible" Said Pride...(A New Year Weigh In)

"It's impossible," said pride.
"It's risky," said experience.
"It's pointless," said reason.
"Give it a try..." whispered the heart.
So, essentially I never gave myself any hope to make it through the holidays. My goal two weeks into the month was to simply maintain, and I was really worried when I saw I was up three pounds the night before weigh in. After taking my body fat percentage I realized that I may have gone up in weight, but my body fat was down 0.3% which means - GOOD NEWS! All that weight gain (or, at least most of it) was the accumulation of new muscle. This is awesome news because it means I can take my first month of 'gain' in over a year and a half with an ounce of grace.


I didn't fail miserably. I have been packing on lean muscle and I got the results I was looking for...even if the result is the opposite of what I've been working hard for since I started losing weight. It's so hard sometimes as I get used to looking primarily at the number on the scale to tell me how I'm doing. I'll never budge from my position that the scale every day really helps keep me on track, a physical conscience if I may be so bold, but at this point in my training I'm thinking that my body fat analyzer might start being the new indicator of success.

The entire transformation so far has been amazing. I was just reminiscing with Robert about how proud I was when I first hit under 300 pounds. Then how proud again at 280, 250, under 200, and so on. I remember being so proud the first time I put a picture of myself online in a swimsuit. I remember doing it again and being less afraid, less conscious. I am really just so happy I've come this far...but it's been a long and tiring battle. I'm ready to rest. Only 40 some-odd pounds left to go.

Eggs out.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment