Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Starward Dreamer - Daily Affirmations

There was once a little girl, fat and afraid. She dreamed about making friends. She dreamed about running and playing without being judged for inability. She even dared to dream that she might eat without scathing glances from a public audience.

Eyes were everywhere, always. She couldn't jump the large pond as all the other children did. Instead she landed with an ungracious splat right in the middle of it. The butt of every joke, drawn to gross proportions in art class, and unhappy.

My life sucked. Bullies suck. Those that truly loved me were few and far between, but I am forever grateful to them. Those that have stood beside me during every step of my own self discovery will go down in the history of my life as something completely amazing.

I type this entry with fingers half the thickness they used to be. I sit cross-legged in a chair in a manner I never could before. I have dreams for the future. I don't need anyone to hold my hand on this journey anymore. I don't need someone telling me what to do, or how to live, or what has to happen for me to be happy.

I have self-actualized my life. I am empowered. I will never stop.

----------

Catch Me If You Can...

April 14, 2012: 5 Mile Walk for MS (Free, untimed event in support of multiple sclerosis)

April 28, 2012: 10k Walk for Fitness (Free, untimed event in memory of a fallen firefighter) Woodbridge

May 6, 2012:
May Day 5K (Timed event, entry fee $20) Lake Ridge

May 19, 2012: Falcon 5k (Timed event, entry fee $20) Woodbridge

No comments:

Post a Comment