Sunday, February 5, 2012

Cruise Food Won't Count, Right? (A February Weigh In)

Robert and I - Bahamas 2011 (At 254.0 lbs)
So today is it! The long awaited day where we go on a cruise together as a family. The weather is dark and damp, with a sky the color of ashes. It's a lovely day to be heading out to great times and even greater adventures! Unfortunately everyone in the family seems to be a little cranky today, perhaps they're all just overwhelmed? Either way it's a lovely day for a cruise.

Due to the cruise I'm weighing in three days earlier than usual. I'm a bit excited to imagine what I'd have accomplished in my own home environment over the next three days, but I'll take what I can get. My weigh in yesterday was 171.8 lbs, and then I ate several food items with added salt so now I'm suffering a 0.4lb weight gain on weigh in day. Oh well, my loss numbers are still great - so I'll live with it!

I managed to drop 5.0" overall, the most noticeable loss being in my hips. I maintained in my thighs, but since I didn't exercise for pretty much the past two weeks I expected that things would start letting themselves go. My muscle definition is lacking, but since I've cut calories so harshly I'm not going to work out as I have been until I know what my dietary changes do to my energy and blood sugar levels.

All in all I'm a very happy camper. My goal for the cruise is to maintain my weight, but knowing there is salt *everywhere* my secondary goal is to come back having only gained 3 lbs. 3lbs of water retention only, hopefully. I'm going to be bringing along my food journal and the boat has a scale in the fitness center so I'm going to continue doing what I do and hope that it all turns out.

See you on the other side of Sunnyville!

Eggs out
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment