Sunday, February 26, 2012

Meeting Goals and Changing Life

Today was an interesting day for a few different reasons. First off I started Medifast. They guarantee that if I follow their plan exactly I'll be my goal weight (130lbs) in 13 weeks. So far I've felt hungry - I'm used to so much more food. I'm not used to so much sugar (or sweet tasting stuff), I'm not used to the sheer amount of sodium. So far I've eaten more than I should have (ate an extra piece of celery with salsa, some pecans and a piece of gum) and I'm just wondering how well this will work for me in the long-run.

Today, the first day on a new way of eating, was probably also a bad day to meet an Active 2012 goal. I swam for an hour straight, burning almost 500 calories during that time. Considering I'm eating between 800-1000 calories you can see my calorie-net was low. I'm in for the long haul though, so one way or the other I will do this and will hopefully end up successful. A few thousand dollars is not chump change, as they say.

Robert is doing the Medifast program as well. He, unlike me, is much better at parsing out his meals so that they last him though the night. I need to learn to not cram it all in at morning meals, and then find myself so hungry in the night. BUT - another goal accomplished! Only 22 to go.

As with anything new this is worth giving an honest shake. Let's see where this takes us!

Eggs out
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment