Saturday, February 18, 2012

Goal Setting: An Active and Healthy 2012!

There are things I've always wanted to do but haven't because I thought I was too big and would look awkward doing it, or I really was just too big and exceeded the uppermost weight limit allowable for the activity I wanted to do. Now that I'm getting into a healthier weight range and gaining a healthier mindset there is so much in this world that I wanted to explore, discover and experience first hand (rather than from behind the camera lens).

For so long I was the one behind the camera lens capturing the special moments of everyone else around me, living vicariously through them. My husband going parasailing is a prime example! I wanted to so badly, but I was so big. All I could imagine was hanging a couple hundred feet in the air and having people below think that the boat hauling us was relocating a beached whale. It's horrible, but that is how I felt and I denied myself the experience because of it. Well..I shall deny no more! I'm making a list of experiences I will have this 2012. I'm hoping to turn most of the experiences into family adventure and turning this into an Active and Healthy 2012! Some of the below are experiences, and some are goals. The goals are for the physical experience as much as the mental - breaking barriers and creating a stronger, healthier mental 'me'. I hope to accomplish all of them by New Year's Eve 2012.



1.           Swimming with dolphins. (Family) ~2/2/12~
2.           1 hour of solid swimming in an indoor pool, doing laps. (Solo/Family) ~2/26/2012~
3.           Ride an entire bicycle trail. (Solo/Family)
4.           Hike a mountain trail. (Family)
5.           Climb a mountain. (Family)
6.           Go white-water rafting (Family)
7.           Go to LA Boxing and try the one week free trial. (Solo)
8.           Join a martial art, and try it (Family)
9.           Do one dance aerobics class at the gym, at least once per week, for one month. (Solo)
10.      Bellydance! (Solo)
11.      Try organized yoga in a class setting. (Solo)
12.      Go camping in a tent. (Family)
13.      Indoor rock climbing! (Family)
14.      Go golfing with my husband. (Family)
15.      Go to a shooting range and fire a hand-gun. (Family)
16.      Have a family bowling night, and actually try my hardest. (Family)
17.      Have a 24 hour meditation retreat to myself. (Solo)
18.      Parasailing! (Solo/Family)
19.      Go skiing, snowboarding or skating. (Family) ~2/19/12~
20.      Go water-skiing or water-boarding. (Family)
21.      Jump from a very high height into a body of water (Family/Solo)
22.      Hike to a waterfall. (Family)
23.      Ride a roller coaster. (Family)
24.      River kayaking or canoeing. (Family)
25.      Get a tattoo to commemorate my journey. (Solo)

No comments:

Post a Comment