Thursday, June 16, 2011

Corsets and Caring

I've been eating poorly for almost two weeks, and have not done a lick of exercise. I have been eating sweets and candy and dairy (ugh, sick, but so tasty!) and just a lot of bad habits. It's too dang easy to fall back into old habits!

I think the worst thing of all is that I'm not beating myself up over it. It's like I almost don't care. I wonder if I'm not getting a touch depressed or overwhelmed with life and am therefore reverting to old habits in order to soothe myself. I say all this and yet I still somehow can't manage to bring myself to really want to inspire myself to change. It's been a year, almost to the day, and I think subconsciously I'm using my emotions as a crutch, to say I'm feeling deprived (when I'm clearly not). I just need to suck it up and get back on track, phew.

I finally got my new corset today. Almost 10 months ago a bought a corset. It laced closed to 38". Eventually I had to sell it, but then today my NEW corset came in. It laces closed to 28 inches! So VERY exciting! It inspires me to keep going, but I don't see the 'smokin' hot' compliments as being deserved. I look at myself and I see nothing but chub..today is a very, very hard day for me emotionally.

Time to take stock, breathe deep, and get the hell over it! Starting tomorrow (June 17) until July 1 I'm going to set myself some goals. I must, in those 15 days, do arm exercises at least 6 times. Run on the elliptical at least 10 times. Do sit ups at least 8 times. Do weight lifting at least 8 times. I must also follow Eat to Live completely at least 12 of those days. I am accountable to myself here...if I don't do it I don't get to drink on July 2nd party! Time to earn my liquor! LOL How's THAT for inspiration?

Eggs out.
xx

1 comment:

  1. You DO look beautiful and you should let yourself feel the mountain that you've climbed. Here's this for inspiration: You are doing this not only for yourself, in regards to your physical well-being and spiritual/emotional needs, but somewhere inside of you I would think you also have a tiny little voice that's doing it for your kids too. :) The healthier Mama is the more she can 'embarrass' them once they're teenager's by chasing them all over the place...right? ;)

    Be proud of all that you've accomplished. You have done a lot of hard work the old fashioned way. No quick fixes, no 'magic' pills and just think of all the benefits that your internal body is reaping each and every second that it's functioning for your dedication and love of self.

    You can do it!!!

    Ash

    ReplyDelete