Thursday, August 25, 2011

Getting Activity Back In The Limelight

Limelight: Makes you pucker!
I'm trying to get activity back into the forefront of my life; I want movement and exercise to take back the reigns of my weight loss since it's my diet that has been carrying the responsibility for results for the past three months. I went to a few different websites today to explore the options that were out there for setting goals for myself. The last blog update left me kind of wondering how many goals I had that needed reconfiguring and I felt there were enough things lacking overall that it was worth spending time today to get my priorities straight.

I'm actually feeling less confident about all of my goals and commitments right now that I have felt in previous months. I feel like I've let myself down a little bit this past week being home (even being on E2L 10%). It's a little overwhelming to also consider just how I'm going to get myself back in the saddle when it feels like I've dug myself into a bit of a hole with my fitness. However I've had some GREAT news: I got the job and will be working part-time ad a Chiropractor's office. It'll be wonderful for my psyche to get out and do 'adult things' again, but one of the benefits is a free gym membership and free chiropractic treatments to keep me running at my best. How much more perfect for my life could this be? I'm thrilled and because of my thrillingness I will surely give my 110% best to the practice. So, I guess all that there is left to do is to present the day's findings as relating to the above-mentioned priorities and rewards system.

  1. Lose Weight: I'm currently 198 pounds and have a goal to be 135 by June 8, 2012. I understand this is pushed back two months from my original goal but I feel this is a little more reasonable with life getting busier and obligations abounding.
  2. Start the Couch to 5k program. I'll be doing C25K three times a week to train for the Zombie 5k. This is a double goal because getting active at least three times per week is another goal so this all rolls into one.
  3. Take my multivitamin daily. I fail so hard at this and hope to get on top of it. I'm going to create a chart for myself on the fridge and will checkmark the days I do it instead of being a donut and forgetting.
  4. Run 100 miles by June 8, 2012.
  5. Drink 8 glasses of water per day. I'm always under-hydrated and this will help keep my innards all optimally functioning.
  6. Do 1 week at LA Boxing. Got a coupon to try it for free so I plan to do just that.
  7. Schedule 1-2 days of rest per week and stick to them.
  8. Identify one health goal. I chose making the 1 mile run to my Sister-in-law's house without needing to stop due to exhaustion/being winded my goal.
  9. Choose 1 new activity to try out each month.
  10. Establish final weight goals and clothing goals. 135 or 125? Need to choose soon.
  11. Set a rewards chart and stick to it to help keep the budget under wraps.
  12. E2L10% - Feel good about what I'm eating and blog out what I'm doing 'wrong' when I don't feel good about my choices. Plot out and identify patterns surrounding poor choices.
  13. Set a monthly weigh-in goals to be reconfigured each month as appropriate. Make a general goal-line to stick to. DONE

So, there are the goals! I went over them with Robert time and time again to make sure they were feasible and that I was setting myself up for success without being too easy on myself. I think I achieved a really healthy balance right there. So on to charts!

Weight Chart
September 8, 2011: 195 pounds at weigh in (down 2.4 from current)
October 8, 2011: 188 pounds (down 7 from previous)
November 8, 2011: 180 pounds (down 8 from previous)
December 8, 2011: 174.0 pounds (down 6 from previous)
January 8, 2012: 167.0 pounds (down 7 from previous)
February 8, 2012: 160.0 pounds (down 7 from previous)
March 8, 2012: 153.0 pounds (down 7 from previous)
April 8, 2012: 147.0 pounds (down 6 from previous)
May 8, 2012: 141.0 pounds (down 6 from previous)
June 8, 2012: 135 pounds (down 6 from previous) GOAL

Rewards Chart
October (for hitting 190 pounds): Sign up for one additional class offered at the gym. Do Zombie 5k.
November (for hitting 180 pounds): Complete 180 Celebration
December (no ten-set goal): Christmas time - Asking for a bicycle and helmet
January (for hitting 170 pounds): Professional Massage
February (for hitting 160 pounds): Cruise with the family
March (for hitting 150 pounds): 1 month of personal training (1-2x/wk)
April (no ten-set goal): No goal reached during this month. Budget a baby carrier for the bike?
May (for hitting 140 pounds): Get my "M" (Motorcycle) class on my license
June (for hitting 135 pounds - GOAL): Blog Book printed

I really think that a healthy rewards system is vital to doing well. I understand that most of my rewards are also all things that will continue to contribute to a healthy and active lifestyle but I think that is the way it should be.

As the last addition to today's entry I shall include and EPIC shout out to my husband for his weightloss so far: 7 pounds and counting! You can follow him at A Personal Oreography, feel free to offer him encouragement and support...we all need it.

Hope everyone is mulling over their own goals and doing well by themselves today!
Eggs out.


No comments:

Post a Comment