Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Large And In Charge

Me and my Mother's doggy-poos!
I'm large. Yes, I said it and YES, I'm proud of it! I started my weightloss journey in a women's sized 28W. I'm now wearing 14's and 16's which correspond to women's sizes L/XL. I bought a new jacket to celebrate, because it was just pure gorgeousness and sitting there on the rack making doe-eyes at me. I don't need to shop at plus size shops anymore. Period. Ever. Never, ever, ever again will I shop plus size!

I was in a local shop and I found myself gravitating toward the plus size section until I realized, "Waiiiit...that's not for me!" and it felt really good. Then, later in the car my mom mentioned that I hadn't been that size since 6th grade as she had a snowsuit (that she admitted to still using) that was an old one of mine that was a size XL. It blows my mind.

I am more committed to losing weight than I have ever been to anything else I've chosen to do in my life. I have stuck with it, and I have made it work out of free choice. I control this, I control my destiny in this, it's 100% me. It's an amazing feeling to know I can only thank myself for my successes or damn myself for my failures. No one else has a hand in this.

I'm watching Biggest Loser Australia to help me keep focused and on track wtih my weight loss and diet. I'm 5 days out from official weigh in day which falls on Monday, August 8th this month and I'l like to see 199.0 or anything in the 198's to make it my first official weigh in solidly under 200 pounds. For the past three days I've been stuck in a weight loss plateau of 200.8 pounds and I know it's because I've chosen to eat things that aren't necessarily healthy for me (some gluten, a lot of oil and fat etc.) So - back on track! I uncovered an exercise bike in my mother's downstairs basement and plan to use that this evening for at least 20 minutes. Perhaps whilst watching more Biggest Loser?
Completely un-posed picture of myself at rafting location.
In the slightly longer-term I need to start thinking about which gym to join upon my return to Virginia. I have really two options: Chinn Center (pool, full strength, full cardio, personal training available for purchase, sauna, whirpool, classes, all the bells and whistles with ability to add on the rest of the family) for about $60/mo, or World Gym (strength, cardio, free childcare) for $15 per month. World Gym is definitely more affordable, but which would work better for me? I need to really hash this out and have a general idea by the time I get back to VA so that one day without a gym doesn't turn into one week without a gym..and then a month, and then many months, and then a year &etc. I left Curves at the expiry of my year-long membership obligation because I was only going once a month for weigh-in's only. I couldn't motivate to go any longer, so I'm hoping to carry on with something a little closer to home.

That's all for today's update - Time to rest a bit as I'm going out for FOUR HOURS of deep-sea fishing tomorrow with my Mother and the Frog. I'm going to be wiped, even though I won't be doing too much of anything...early night tonight for me!
Eggs out.
xx

1 comment:

  1. Your constant hard work is amazing. It's so easy to be content with losing 130 pounds and maintain where you are. It's so awesome that you just keep going, just keep working hard to make your true goal :)

    Knowing where you started, I understand how much of a big thing it is to be in a Large...and just think how you'll feel when you make one of these posts to say you're in a small.

    I'm so proud of you, my love <3

    ReplyDelete