Friday, August 19, 2011

Something More [004/020]

"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself." Harvey Fierstein.
When I think of "something more" I think of this quote. It's such an inherently powerful quote that inspires me in so many ways to keep doing what I know is right, to keep scaling the tallest walls and achieving for the sake of knowledge and growth, rather than to impress how wonderful I am upon others. I've learned a lot about myself, many of these things seem utterly contradictory to my weight loss so I think it's important I share them here!
I'm not a planner. I go wherever the wind blows, and I follow the rabbit down the rabbit hole without looking back. I see the beauty in the smallest of things, I feel empathy for unintended pains, I feel small beside the ocean and I feel at home resting my forehead against a tree covered in moss. Sometimes I like to pretend that I can imagine the thoughts of an animal just by giving them a cuddle and staring into their eyes. I like dancing with ribbons and tambourines, I like singing really loudly even though I have the voice of a saw on wood, and I love to love with everything I have. I give because I am so rich inside and I attribute my riches and inspiration to my husband, my family, my world, my perspective. I love fast, I feel deeply, I recover from hurt quickly, and I forgive almost immediately. 
This is my 'something more' in life. Giving myself to others, without doing it at the expense of "self" is what I'm all about. I love sharing ideas and passions. I love educating others and being educated in turn. I love having my horizons widened and internal wells filled to bursting with information and facts that I can sift through and develop opinions on. I love being in love, I love being passionate and I love sharing those feelings with others.
I know that sounds very 'hippy-esque" (or so I've been told) but it is what drives me and makes me happy. I learned that by getting myself on a healthy track of fitness, good food and weight loss that I was suddenly able to break the cage of fat that I had buried myself in and start giving of myself in all the ways I wanted to without fear of rejection, restriction or ramifications.  There is always something more important than giving up: If you're considering giving up at a job, at weight loss, at school it's easy enough to get everything back in perspective when you think of that 'something more': Your family, your children (or future children), your financial security, your life in the future. 
Find your something more. Find what makes you happy and go there, it's never a direct and straight path to what makes you happy but life is made up of the bumps along the way. It's how we handle the bumps that impact who we are as people. When it relates to weight loss I might say: Yes maybe you shouldn't have eaten that, but forgive yourself quickly and take the next challenge with your 'something more' in mind. Never give up, because life eats quitters for breakfast.
Interview for a job I'd love to have today! I hope I get it. Getting out and continuing to be me outside of the home once again would be utterly brilliant. I hope you are all having inspired and 'something more' kinds of days!
Eggs out.

No comments:

Post a Comment