Thursday, August 4, 2011

Last Minute Anxiety

On the New Dawn III - Sporting an overly large jacket!
Weigh-in is in four days and my weight is going up. I don't know entirely what to do about it other than bust my ass. I don't feel well though, which makes doing anything at all that much more difficult. We went deep sea fishing today and the boat ride out was fun, and the latter half of the boat ride in as well, but the entire time the boat was stopped was spent with me clutching onto a bucket and voiding my stomach. It was not pretty. The seas were high and the swells were intense. I lost my breakfast, although I'm not sad about it since I made horrible choices for an easy breakfast.

Lunch was a little better, two bowls of vegetarian stew and two mixed green salads with three onion rings. Although the food itself wasn't horrible I must note that the sheer amount of hidden salt is killing me. Like, actually killing me. I feel positively rotten. My whole body rhythm is off and I'm feeling discouraged and overwhelmed because weigh-in is so soon.

My original goal was to have seen 199 on the scale by weigh in, and I did that. I guess my goal is accomplished but what I'd really like is to get a 199 for my weigh-in number. I think I can do it! 201.8 this morning, which means I have to loose 2.8 pounds. I can do this. I've pulled bigger numbers in shorter periods of time. If I can pull a 199 that means I'll have lost a solid 10 pounds this month for 2.5lb/wk which is pretty respectable for diet alone.

Breathe deep. I know once I settle back into a regular routine in Virginia that everything will improve for me. I am ready to be home...my time here has been thrilling at wonderful in Nova Scotia but I am ready to be in my own environment where I control the housework, and my children have their own spaces and act less like little bum-heads. It's astounding what stress does to your body and how thoroughly it thrashes your weight-loss efforts.

A good night's rest is in order tonight, with that said: Eggs out.
xx

1 comment:

  1. <3 Hit the grocery store tonight and make sure you have plenty of Tofu/beans/etc. Buy more food than you need! It's important that you have an abundance of the good, non processed foods so you drop whatever water weight you might be retaining before your weigh in. That could be 2 pounds right there easy.

    You can do it, I have faith in you!

    ReplyDelete