Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Mindful Eating

Mindful eating has been one of the most difficult things I've had to master. I was poking around my general eating habits and have noticed that my 10% of "other" (that's the regular stage of E2L) is probably 50% sugar, 40% fish/seafood, and 10% oil. I've found that by being a mindful eater and taking time to explore my diet, my choices, and the reasons behind the cravings and habits I carry with food that I've ultimately become someone that also mindfully lives. I find myself able to be more empathic, more understanding and more organized. Introspection and personal realization come much easier.

I've been succesful at deconstructing my diet. For a long time my diet was controlling me, my weight had spiralled into insanity-land and so now that I have been able to deconstruct it I have found I can also rebuild it within healthy confines. I've found that that directly translates to my ability to deconstruct certain aspects of my non-weight loss life as well. I think owning my weight loss has been just as healthy for me emotionally and mentally as it has physically. It's true that all aspects of our psyche are interconnected, in my opinion. If we're unhealthy physically we may be unhealthy mentally or emotionally. If we're unhealthy mentally we might be unhealthy physically, &etc...It's been a wonderful adventure of self-discovery for me. I found the above image on Google and I find that it perfectly explains how I feel about mindful eating and how it changes everything else. My cog of mindful eating is working properly now, and turning the cog of mindful living properly in turn so that everything is really coming together for me. 200.8lbs this morning - not too shabby.

I did something yesterday that is part exciting, part scary~! I signed up for the Zombie 5k, "Run For Your Lives" discussed a few months ago in my blog. I am looking forward to building a compilation of healthy activities and things I've done much like blogger Ben from Ben Does Life has done. He has a records section that outlines all the things he's participated in and I think I'd like to start doing that. So far I did the Relay For Life for the American Cancer Society and raised over $500.00. That was a first step. Soon I'll add the zombie run to that list - I wonder if I'll be able to go 5k without getting zombified...probably not ;) I'm thankful that friends Ally and Mike, as well as my lovely hubby will be participating along with me. I'd say I'd take lots of photos but I doubt there will be photo ops whilst I'm running for my life and trying to avoid getting my brains eaten.
 
I wonder....do Zombies mindfully eat? Do they mindfully live? Probably not...not unless living for tasty minds is considered mindfully living ;)
 
Eggs out
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment