Sunday, August 21, 2011

I'm An Inspiration, I've saved Someone's Life.

Me throughout the stages
I've realized that I'm an inspiration, and that yes I have saved someone's life. There was a girl that I used to know that desperately needed help getting on the right track. She told me she tried everything humanly possible to loose weight. She told me she didn't have any health problems she knew about yet but knew they'd likely be coming down the line. She confessed her unhappiness about her body image and how she hated the way she felt constantly exchanging her clothes for the 'next size up'.

That person I saved was me. It's so easy to forget the good things we do for ourselves, often categorizing it as something we must do, or something we 'just do', rather than something we choose to do. Everything I've done so far I've chosen to do for myself and my health. I've been my own hero in all of this and it makes me proud to know I was able to actually step out of the situation I put myself in and see what needed changing. I'm now in the 190's and considering I started in the 330's...it's almost more than I can really process at times.

Exterior damage - Getting the quote tomorrow
I take many blog posts to stop and think about everything that everyone else has done for me. Now I'm taking a moment to realize all that I've chosen to do for me. I've chosen this. What a powerful piece of knowledge that is. Today I was in a car accident - a hit and run. My back is stiff and I'm feeling stressed after a day of insurance and police reports. Hopefully a few days of rest will find me well and mended so I can get back into a regular exercise routine. I've also applied for a job that would be perfect for me, and one of the benefits is a gym membership - how handy would that be?

Sometimes things happen outside of our control, car accidents and stress, but all we can do is keep trucking forward and not let those things get the better of us. I think the attitude I've chosen today will serve me well in the long-run even though I'd really just throw a tantrum, kick my feet and pout.

Eggs out
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment