Sunday, August 7, 2011

An Actually Acceptable August Account

Today I did my August weigh in today and am actually more impressed with the results than I thought I would be. I try not to compare my weight to what it was until weigh in day..it's somehow that much more spectacular that way. I went from 209.0 to 199.4. I've rewarded myself amply with thrift store finds, kettlebells, scales, and etc. Really I've just been spending money haphazardly and have racked up more credit card debt on this vacation than I ever really thought I would (or wanted to). HOWEVER, I am feeling very well rewarded for all of my hard work with the vacation and the time away from Virginia life. It's been an incredible experience and has served to inspire me to keep going with my weightloss.

In an earlier blog post, dated April 13, 2011 and titled, Putting Your Weight On Project Status I detailed my calf measurements, which I don't keep on a regular month-to-month basis. On December 5th, 2010 my calf measured 21.5" in circumference. On April 13, 2011 my calf measured 17.5". Today, August 7, 2011 my calf measured in at 16.5". It's great to see the differences in a non-standard measurements taken over larger chunks of time. I also realized I've lost 7.5" overall this month which is just as fun to realize even if it's a shorter-term realization.

To celebrate my awesome month I had my monthly pig-out session: a fishcake, a small handful of McDonald's fries (maybe 12 fries?), a slice of pizza (with the cheese peeled off), 2 rootbeer gummy bottle sweets, one-third of a Crunchie bar, a whole-grain raspbery muffin, a small piece of McCain frozen cake and a can of diet coke. I ended up feeling dreadful so I fixed myself a delicious plate of tofu, egg whites, vegetables and sundried tomatoes. Feeling a bit better. I decided to have a day of indulgence rather than a week of indulgence and get right back in the saddle tomorrow. My goal for this time next month is going to be 192 pounds (for a total loss of 7.4 pounds). Why do I indulge though, I wonder? The food doesn't even taste as good as my regular fresh and healthy fare.

On the aforementioned blog post I mentioned I wanted to see 199 pounds by June 8th. I didn't make 199 until August 8th but I can feel proud that every month since I started my journey I've lost weight; more some months than others, but almost always a loss! I do have one exception but as I recall the only month I gained was only on my journey for two months. Still wet behind the ears, and the gain was only one single pound so I tend to not count it. I'm convinced I can do this now - A measly 64.4 pounds left to go, if I only loose 8 pounds a month (2 pounds per week) then I'll be goal weight by April 2012. Can I do it?

Hoping you are all well on your way to great health!

Eggs out
xx 






2 comments:

  1. When you get back I need some recipe experimentation help. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ashley: Of course! I love experimenting, even if I am not normally a very creative cook..>> I like to try out new things though!

    ReplyDelete