Sunday, October 9, 2011

Back on Track

Size 16 dress in garnet.
My husband and I spent Saturday day at a lovely wedding for a pair of lovely friends. In case you haven't guessed: It was lovely! It was wonderful to be able to go out and see this long-awaited union become official. My husband and I ended up helping a lot with the set up of the catering, keeping food stocked up, and bringing drinks out. I can only imagine the calories I burned and I honestly love being able to look at things I'm doing and say: That was awesome. I just burned calories. For a long while I stopped being able to look at situations with that kind of perspective and I'm just thankful I've finally got it back. On the menu were a lot of fresh, locally sourced vegetables, large grilled portabello mushrooms and some meat options. Knowing I'd be going into a weekend of food not on E2L and planning to just enjoy myself I made a few choices I might not make on a regular basis. I ate some delicious spinach and artichoke dip on naan bread, I sampled some macaroni and cheese, and added some balsamic glaze to the tasty grilled veg. The night before, on Friday, they had their rehearsal dinner at a rather fancy-pants country club. My entree was absolutely delicious and I'm thankful that the country club was able to accomodate my special order for a vegan entree. The entire dining experience was absolutely decadent: A spinach and roasted pear salad with raspberry dressing to start, the main vegan entree was a delicate angel hair pasta and roasted vegetable dish, and dessert was a rich chocolate silk cake with chocolate ganache on top with white chocolate drizzle. I chose not to eat my piece of cake and instead gave that to the Groom since he was eyeing it up.

Saturday evening we spent at the house of friends that babysat our children during the Saturday event. There was a lot of conversations and quite a few branches off the main idea of the conversation that lead me to do an awful lot of thinking. I'm still not able to place into solid words/context exactly where I am with everything that came up. I have a lot more introspective searching to do. I know this is pretty vague for right now but there's only so much I'm comfortable putting up on a blog. There are a lot of decisions and choices I've made that might have been complicating things for me. I know I am impressively strong and tenacious at many things in my life, but some things I need to think about possibly approaching differently.

It has been a wonderful weekend. My weight has gone up slightly due to all the salt in the food I ate, but I figure getting back on E2L 100% will take care of that within a week. Back on the horse!

Eggs out.

No comments:

Post a Comment