Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Small Moments Worth Celebrating

I was thinking of all the "Small Moments" of my weight loss today on the drive home from Wal-Mart. I had to go to Wal-Mart to get another set of scrubs for work - in a size medium! I must say they fit much better than the size large's I'm in right now, but I digress; Small Moments are the center stage right now.

Small Moments are times I think back on and smile over. Small Moments are what keep me going. Small Moments are the things I miss when I decide to 'take a break'. Small Moments are the moments that add up, one by one, until they've become a Big Moment in the form of yet another 50lbs lost, or another inch-loss goal achieved.

Small Moments like: Having the man at the carving stand at a local restaraunt we frequent telling me, "You're doing really well! You look good!". Having to get a second set of work scrubs only six weeks after starting. Remembering once when I was at Curves willing myself to see a 199 on the scale and working my rear-end off with the 199 in mind. Empathizing with the contestants on Biggest Loser when they first start their journeys and sharing their joy at the end of the journey. Catching notice of my collar bones in a mirror or a photograph and grinning. Forgetting something upstairs once I've made it to the bottom and smiling because I have a reason to run the stairs once more. Shopping for bras and firmly NOT missing the old days of a 48DDD. Zipping up a size 14 with some room to spare. Being told, "unfortunately you might not find your size here" at a plus-size clothing store. Getting hand-me-down's from my Sister-in-law that are already too big for me by the time I get them home. Realizing all my underpants are too big. Dancing and actively noticing that my fat is less wobbly than usual. Bracing myself and seeing a tricep muscle flex and bulge on the back of my arm and thinking "hello!" to it in my head. Actively not giving a crap of what other think of my body when swiming/working out/being healthy. Trying on, or picking out clothes, and still thinking I'm considerably larger than I actually am. Being afraid of a challenge (Zombie 5k!) but knowing that I'll do my damndest and not give up before it has even started. Doing the math and realizing I've lost SEVENTY FIVE (75!) inches overall since I started recorded my inches in July 2010! And the biggest deal: Trusting myself.

These "Small Moments" are how I define my success...without them I'd be lost. Finding the simple joys for a big project in every day life are what keeps it real to me, keeps it applicable, keeps it worth continuing to do.

Small moments are worth celebrating.

Eggs out.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment