Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Running Woes

I made a goal to run for 20 minutes tonight. I started out okay, at the old resistance I used to use (resistance 6). I did that for a few minutes and then started sucking air like it was going out of style. I did my 20 minutes because I said I would, but I did it at 1/3 the resistance for the second half of the 20 minutes that I used to. I used to whip about a res 6 for 20 minutes and barely even notice it. Now I'm being murdered by a res 2 for 20 minutes. My conditioning is so far gone. I have six and a half weeks before my Complete 180, I have two and a half weeks before my first 5k/obstacle race (I will not perform well at the race, but I WILL finish. I'm determined! :) )

For weeks I've been struggling and trying to cope with being inactive. I've been trying to force my head back into the 'game'. I've been fighting against myself completely non-stop. I've been making grand-schemes for things I'd like to do and things I'd like to see happening...but in the end, nothing matters if you don't get started. Although I had my negative fitness shown to me today I did the most important thing of all: I got back on the bandwagon. I started. That's half the battle, right?! So excited to get back on track. Weigh-in in 4 days. I'd like to, if possible, pull a number in the 180's. I'll settle for a nice low 190's though.

Let's see what tomorrow brings, shall we?

A very tired and excited Eggs out.

No comments:

Post a Comment