Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Craply Noms - Inspired To Find My "More"

Brown rice pasta with soy milk white sauce. Mm!
I've been eating kind of crap-ly lately. I mean, it's not crap in general but is crap compared to how I ate for a year and a half. The random positive side is that I have managed to drop quite a bit of weight compared to last month's weigh-in. Yesterday was cheesy (vegan cheese, no dairy) potatoes, two eggs over-easy with more potatoes to dip in them, a huge veggie stir-fry (asparagus, tomato, onion, green pepper, zuchinni, yum!) and pan fried tofu in cooking spray. It was delicious.

I was looking into trying the paleo diet to mix things up, but after doing some reading I realized it simply *couldn't* work for me. Not only do I not eat meat, but I believe any diet that cuts out beans is not for me. I need my fiber and protein from somewhere and there are only so many nuts I can eat in a day. I've been wanting to mix it up though, but there are only certain food approaches I consider to be reasonable. See below:

1) I don't do slim fast, or medifast, or anything that requires you to eat in an unnatural/liquid/bar-food only to loose weight. I feel as soon as one eats normal food again they fluff back up. Seen it happen far too often. I also refuse any weight loss surgery - I personally do not believe they are healthy choices for me.
2) So far the only lifestyle diets I see that seem 'legit' are Eat to Live, with the Paleo diet in second. My research reveals far too much meat in Paleo for a vegetarian/selective vegan, with an elimination of the food groups that actually kind of sustain me. That and I believe beans are an amazing super food so cutting them out seems absurd to my brain.
3) I hate counting. I hate measuring. Weight Watchers etc is far too work for me (I'm really exceedingly lazy and I need to eat a LOT and constantly - I always eat more than the calories I'm supposed to when I am exercising. I also believe calorie restriction is bunk).

I'll probably end up going right back to E2L honestly. It's the perfect fit for me, my habits and my lifestyle. I've just been feeling all woe betide with it since I'd been doing it for a year and a half. I wanna eat tasty things too! Which I guess I can have on E2L at 10% of my daily consumption but, with that said, sometimes we wanna have fat days where we eat nothing but garbage :D Yum yum garbage [/oinks]. However, the fact I've only lost 3.8 pounds this last month is kind of my clue-in to get something back on track now that I'm less icky after the accident. To Gold's -Yay for free gym memberships through my employment.

In my Size L work scrubs :)
This month is a month of crazyness: My first 5k is on October 22. I have a friends wedding/rehersal dinner/etc coming up, house refinance will close, Allstate insurance claim will go through, plumbing is broke in the downstairs, family is busy with Robert covering for two of his employees, Elysia starting ballet, Halloween is coming up ~ Phew, whirlwind.

It's okay though. All is improving. I need to hit my Complete 180 by my birthday (November 22) or I'm an epic failure that can't stick to her goals. That means I have to lose another 13.6 pounds(ish) in 6.5 weeks. Detox time. I can't afford to set goals and not meet them..that's the first step down the hell-spiral of doom.

Alright. Back on track today. Short-term goals: See how I start going to Gold's, and run on the elliptical at least once per night for 20 minutes. I've been feeling so physically sick lately with the foods I've been choosing to eat and it has me feeling sluggish and 'sugared out'. It's not a good head space to be in, constantly gratifying with fast calories and quick energy. I need to re-educate my body into eating for health, not emotional happiness.

The bandwagon screams for me!
Eggs Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment