Monday, July 18, 2011

100% More Blogtastic!

Today I'm having a high-powered high-protein breakfast. Oranges and a plate of scrambled egg whites with tofu, black peppercorns, onion and mushroom. I've been failing to eat in the mornings lately and that obviously isn't very good for me! I'm also thinking that I'm really starting to feel the stress I'm under lately, which also isn't very good for me. Last night I gave in completely to weakness (there's more to the story) and had myself a little snack. Granted what I snacked on wasn't awful, but the fact I was eating mindlessly was. I think I've learned a little something about myself, and habits I still have not successfully broken.

Is it a weakness in me I need to squash - or should I accept it and indulge it from time to time? I can never quite tell where I should stand on the whole matter. On one hand I find having a week where I eat all the fat and calories I want actually fuels my weightloss by effing up my metabolism. Changing the source of calories so that when I cut out animal protein/fat/processed carbs my body knows straight where to go for energy and starts attacking any store fat I have. On the other hand I'm not changing my mental  approach to food. By indulging in whatever I want, whenever I want, I'm simply sticking to the same old habits that got me into my weight mess in the first place - I've just reduced it to 1/4 of the time when I used to do it all the time.
It's really and truly difficult for me to determine which is in my best interests because each option. Indulging for a week and doing what I like helps me physically - I drop weight. Not indulging for a week helps me mentally - I can actualize/realize change in my habits. Any readers have any input? Maybe I can stick with this method until it stops working, and then start working on the mental aspects closer to goal weight? So confusing!

Anyway I had a wonderful day at the beach with Bethan&co. I have to say I've found such a source of calm in her! I've been getting frazzled more and more easily lately what with being the sole caregiver for two small children that want to get into everything they can. It's hard to be on top of kids in someone else's house where you can't trust them to do anything on their own lest they break something, or disappear, or smash their toys into the table. Eek! Well the beach was fun. After the children decided to stop being little terrors and I was able to center myself and breathe a little we actually had a pretty good day! I poked Bethan into running with me the length of the beach from one end, to about the middle. All in all I'd say it was 250 meters (about 820 feet) long and I was able to complete the first 200 meters in a flat-out run barefoot in the sand without issue, and only started to find myself getting winded after having run the beach several times already. I felt *great* running..I should lace up and find some time to run/jog/power walk again soon.
I guess the end-cap to this post is that yesterday we both weighed in, one week after getting back on E2L solidly. I dropped 2.68% of my body weight in the week, and Beth dropped 2.22%! Those are amazing figures, she even lost a half inch off her waist. I'm so proud :3 It's like my ickle E2L bebe is growing up and doing everything all on her own. Keep up the good work Bethamo..and I'll try to do the same :)

Eggs out
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment