Sunday, July 10, 2011

For the Love of a Friend

I had a brilliant day today outside in the bright sunshiney sunshine! I spent the day with Bethan, Luke and the kids. Dropped Elysia off at camp for the week and then Blake, Bethan, Luke and I went to Dollar Lake! I wanted to get some serious laps in but it was simply too chilly to be tolerated..I thought my misc body bits would freeze off.

The day before last the kids and I did downtown Halifax. One of the physical highlights of the day was climbing up the extreme hill of Citadel Hill (at least 45 degree upward incline for half of it, maybe 30 for the other half) whilst pushing Blake in the stroller. I've been trying hard to get out and do more. I really, really and truly want to see 199 on the scale this time next month!

Having Bethamo in my corner and helping me get re-energized and re-excited about Eat to Live and all that it has done for me has been amazing. Tonight I passed over on Fish and Chips (with poutine instead of chips) because I knew it's better to start today and why should I be eating all kinds of fun rubbishy food when she really needs the support? I know her husband isn't joining her on E2L for the first 6 weeks, while I had the benefit of my husband giving it a go. That support (just doing it with me) was critical for me because I didn't have anyone to ask questions to. My husband and I kind of figured it out together. At the end of the first 6 weeks he was done with it, but I had learned enough to carry on. So even though her husband isn't doing it with her, I endeavour to become a second-best stand-in E2L husband! XD 

Tonight's supper was a tribute to a veggie garden. Mushrooms in three varities, sprouts, red onion, black olives, hot house tomatoes, tofu, baby corns, green beans, peas, all the good stuff! It made me feel good to eat it, even though I put a bit of watered down BBQ sauce on it...tut tut, bad I know. But this is my last hurrah before I'm 100% back on track tomorrow so it is forgiveable.

I've issued a DAILY BLOG UP! challenge to Bethan. Each day for a week we shall write a blog entry. Each day we shall do a workout routine as well. My goal is 30 minutes of activity per day, at least. Not just activity, but concerted 'doing this to not be fat' activity. Climbing hills, lifting weights, doing sit ups, running and then hopefully walking a few miles over the course of the day.

My life is exciting again. Losing weight hasn't felt this SQUEE! in a long time!

Eggs out
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment