Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The E'er Winding Path To Success

tofu/g-pepper/tomato/spinach/chick peas/onion/etc
The winding path of success has its ups and downs, bumps and divets, and hills that seem impossible to climb. Trying to monitor where the dips happen and see if I can at least understand them, even if I can't prevent them. I've been keeping a journal of my morning weights and I had a really low dip (down to 203.4) and am now popped back up to 205.2. I know that is only 1.8lbs but I'm able to track my body and see why that is happening - which is exciting! Other months in the past I didn't understand why it was happening and it made me feel really upset - like clockwork, but now I have the power of knowledge.
The Ups:
  • Much fitter, overall. Able to keep up with kids/friends/etc.
  • Able to walk into any shop and find something I can fit into
  • Less self-conscious about my body in public and in private
  • Increased sense of accomplishment - I can meet any goal I set
  • Clothes are cheaper to buy in standard sizes
  • Confidence that I am able to positively change my life/mindset
  • Living my life the best I can and hoping to inspire others positively
  • Setting a positive example to my children about hard work and good health
  • No longer lugging around a petite adult woman and putting that strain on heart/joints/skeleton.
  • Have been able to stand at full height of 5'3", improved posture
  • My foot/arch used to be squished to a wide size, I am now standard width/healthy arch.
Diet friendly brown rice pasta, salt free homemade sauce and veg 
The Downs
  • Constantly having to buy/replace clothes I've shrunk out of
  • Unable to enjoy the same meals as family due to dietary restrictions.
  • Food costs more, even if it is an investment in good health.
  • The assumption my diet and exercise is unhealthy because it is successful* for me.
  • The general assumption I never get to indulge, have fun, or enjoy good eats
Remembering to blog often has been theraputic for me, in many ways. It gives me time to sit and give active thought and attention to my weightloss. The dedication to blogging is something that I'll love at the end of my journey - I plan on getting a book printed of my blogging chronicles so I'll have a momento and a reminder of what NOT to allow myself to go back to. My trials and errors, my successes. It's been an amazing adventure so far.

*I've found that some people are skeptical about my success. They assume I must be doing something extreme in order to be able to be successful. From eating disorders, to excessive exercise - I've heard it all. I think this has something to do with the fact that others perhaps feel that because nothing has worked for them that no one else should be able to be successful? I don't think that is a nice mindset to have - I wish to encounter more people that feel because I've done it that they can too! I think it is unfair for us to push our own experiences/failures on others and assume that because we have failed, that others will fail as well. A part of the human condition, I guess? :)

Eggs out.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment